Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 93

Harry was still limping today. The farrier had already left to go to the airport so he couldn't test Harry. I took him out and lunged him a little bit but he wasn't doing very well clockwise today. We decided to give him the day off. We put him in the small paddock and took out Brie and Nina to brush them outside next to Harry's paddock. Brie was happy as a clam eating away at all of the grass she wanted.

I finally got to ride her today!!! I rode for quite a long time too. We worked inside like normal and then I tried a little bit of a canter with her. Out of three times she picked it up right on cue once. I was happy. We ran a hit in the outdoor arena and then my brother, Nina, Brie and I went out to trail ride a bit. We were doing well until we decided to do some serpentines around some trees. Brie had a meltdown. We stayed standing there for a couple minutes and then hopped back over to the barn. I corto'd a bit inside and then largo'd back in the outside arena. She got a good workout today and even though she had a little meltdown I was so happy. I miss riding Brie all the time for a long time because now I have to train Harry. I really hope he gets better soon and this can work itself out.

Now I have to read up on training Pasos for dressage!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that despite the little meltdown you still had a good ride. I hope Harry feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete