With only a little difficulty, we got Harry into the trailer! We managed to leave in the shortest amount of time that I can remember! But then we made up for it getting stuck in some ridiculous traffic for 2 hours, only moving about 15 miles. Talk about a delay!
We arrived at about 7:30 pm yesterday night, and we didn't work the horses because of our prior experience from the Midwest Classic, when they got all pooped out on Saturday for the show.
Today, I only had one class. Mom had ridden with Nina and Harry in a class before mine and she got 3rd on Nina and 5th on Harry. Nina had a great ride and Harry was so-so. You could tell that she was struggling with him in the class because he kept wanting to take off. We rinsed off both of them for the lunch break and then I started working with Harry immediately after I ate lunch, that way he'd be warmed up enough for my class. He worked fantastically! I could swear that he was Fino-ing down the drive between the warm up and the show arena! I took him in the arena for my class and he behaved beautifully! It was a big class, so I only came away with a 5th, but I was satisfied with his behavior. After that class, I decided to take him into the championship class just for fun and he did wonderfully in that one too, even though we didn't place. I was really proud of him! He's coming along great!
My brother showed after my first class and he took a 3rd with Nina. He was in the championship with me too, and he got 4th champion. So today was a good day!
One thing that definitely threw off everyone we talked to was the judge---she was judging really strangely, placing horses that weren't even gaiting over ones who were behaving absolutely HORRIBLY! In my brother's class he placed 3rd under some little kid who's horse was rearing! I would've liked to pick that judge's brain, but she was never around. I can't understand WHY she would place some horses who refused to reverse, were acting horribly, and were whinnying the entire way around the arena as first place. If I saw a horse even rear a tiny bit, he would be excused. Sometimes judges don't make any sense. And the worst part is that she SAW these horses acting badly! I swear, I should go to judging school.
No comments:
Post a Comment