Today was significantly better than yesterday, thankfully. We were on a short time schedule because I had to move back to school =[
I decided to start off Harry with some Parelli games today to kind of get him thinking. We did the Friendly Game (in which he hid behind me when I emulated a snake on the ground), the Porcupine Game and the YoYo Game. He's so good at the YoYo Game, but the Porcupine game takes a little more thinking for him. I know he'll have it down pat if I keep up with it.
As for the ride, it was way better than yesterday. He was collected and seemed calmer and didn't seem like he wanted to take off as much. He was reacting weirdly to the bit, I thought, because since State Fair we've been riding him with double reins and he works much better with the rein on the jaquima and seems to get upset with the bit. Maybe we should look into changing it? I don't really know, because before State Fair for the longest we worked just with the bit. I'm wondering whether we should change it completely or if we should take him off of it for the rest of the year and then reintroduce it in January. Any thoughts on this?
Because we were short on time, I didn't get to ride Brie =[ But I got to give them all lots of snuggles and my mom fed them carrots straight out of the bag today! Those horses have got to be the most spoiled horses ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment