Didn't go out yesterday because I went to our rivalry football game. We lost =[
Yesterday, though, my mom told me that Harry was working super well next to Brie in the arena and that he's finally getting his speed and coordination down in his largo. My mom wanted to warm him up today, so I rode Brie, who is getting along just fine. She really does hate the double reins though -- she thinks they're for babies!
When I got on Harry, he tried to take off. There were a couple other horses in the arena, so I was not having that. Suddenly he got scared of the sunshine, that goof. So after a couple of halts, circles, and tugs, he calmed down and settled into a really collected corto. It was magnificent to ride. It could almost be Fino, but he could never compete against, say, the stallion who just won Nationals. I would put up a video, but it's not on YouTube yet. He was mindblowing. But to compete up here in shows, Harry would be great in Fino. And when we let loose into a largo, he never tap danced! I'm so happy with him and how my mom's been working him to get him like that. Now if we could just keep this up until the Spring when showing starts again!
What I thought was really cute was that he really wanted to go outside. After we went across the board indoor and outdoor and came back in to cool, he stopped in front of the door and looked outside all sad-like. So my mom hopped on Brie and my dad got on Nina (!!!) and we went out into the trails in back of the property. My dad's starting to ride, since he really doesn't, and I think it's great!
No comments:
Post a Comment