Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 180

I really want to start working Harry first again.

I worked with Brie, which was fine. She was a firecracker today and even cantered on her longe, which she hasn't done in a while. But it took me a while to work out the skip in her step in the beginning and then we flew around the arena in a corto much faster than I wanted, so I was working on slowing her down. The fun show is in 3 weeks and I'm not expecting to win or anything, it would just be nice to make it through the class alive and not excused! So maybe I'll just keep working her first the next three weekends.

But I miss working Harry first. I got him second today and didn't really know how to handle him. We're supposed to be working on his largo, but I really enjoy his collected corto so I never want to and then when I go to, I don't know fast he can go without breaking or pacing so it's frustrating. Just as I was started to get frustrated with him, my brother decided that he wanted to play horse show with everyone riding. This ended up being a good thing because it took my focus off of being frustrated with Harry and put it on listening to my brother's speed commands.

I feel bad that I was angry with Harry. He's really a good boy and I know he's trying. It's just me who doesn't know how to get what I want out of him. This is why I want to work him first, because I feel like after my mom rides him, I feel like I can't work him as much because he's tired and I feel bad asking him to do a lot. I wish I could ride every day...then I'd have so much time to figure him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment