Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 187

 Sunday

Whenever I get told I'm doing something wrong, I feel insanely stupid. I feel even worse about it when I came up with it on my own and wanted to believe my hardest that it was working.

Longeing Harry today was kind of hard. Apparently, it made Paco nervous as he watched, so he came over and intervened. Grumbling, I did what he told me to, which was to throw the carrot stick on the floor, tie up the pisador, and longe Harry from his noseband like he had said two weeks ago. Sigh.

Harry is entirely different from Brie and Nina in that he won't longe if you push him from behind and he'll only go if you literally lead him by the nose.  It's really weird and I have no idea how to get him to do it the proper way, but if this works, then I guess I'll have to go with it.

Once we got the longeing out of the way, his ride was great. Sundays are (almost) always better than Saturdays because we've had Saturday to warm up and remember "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be working". He was going a tiny bit faster in his largo than yesterday which was great! The only thing is it wasn't entirely in gait, but it was closer to gaiting than pacing, so that's progress. I'm just gonna keep pushing the speed until he's confident that he won't lose his step.

Brie, on the other hand, is still kicking the wall. Jane heard her the other day when she was visiting Taco and said she was going to town on the wall. So we've decided that, if it's okay with Gary, that we're going to install rubber mats around Brie's stall. Oh Brie, she's going to live in a padded cell!

No comments:

Post a Comment