Monday, November 16, 2009

Days 27 & 28

I'm getting increasingly exhausted on the weekends and often go to sleep before I write these, so bear with me.

Day 27

When we arrived, Brie and Nina were outside in the paddocks. My mom told my brother that she'd give him ten bucks if he could catch Nina and get on her bareback. He did! And she just stood there. I went over by Brie and she came up to the fence and sniffed me, then proceeded to walk away. Once my brother got off Nina and went back in the stable, I played around with Brie and successfully got the halter on her and lead her back into the stable.

I finished the second disc of the Parelli Level 1 set. I learned the Porcupine game, the Driving game and the Yoyo game. I only got around to plaing the Porcupine game, it's kind of hard to play the other two when we don't have a round pen.

She was just a little crazy. She was very good inside and in the outside arena I discovered that she officially knows how to canter on command! I just have to work on getting her to slow down, because her canter is super super fast, almost like a gallop.

My mom rode her outside and she was pretty crazy. She ran into a few trees.

After all of this, Brie and Nina got their feet done. We flew up a farrier from Florida again, the same guy from last time.

Day 28

I got Brie out of her stall! She didn't even turn around to kick me! Not once! I'm so proud of myself.

The blood was kind of near the soles after the farrier, but he was still there so we asked him about it. He said she was okay so we rode her.

It was an amazing day. She kept at good speeds and she cantered on command again! It wasn't just a trick! My mom rode her and didn't get upset with her. A very good day.

Now we won't be able to ride Nina for a month because Ray is training her. It makes me kind of sad, but we can still play with her. Now I can teach her all of the games! And I have to give Ray some credit. After just a week, Nina is looking much better with her gait and headset.

And those supplements I said I ordered for Brie? yeah they didn't work. So we're trying a new supplement, Calmex-V I think it's called. It has valerian root which is supposed to be really calming, so we'll see how that goes.

Let's just see how she is at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment