My mom's okay.
She's also better at getting Brie out of the stall than I am. I don't know how to fix this, but I'll find a way.
Brie was very calm today, it made me happy. I cantered her around for a little bit and then she got all worked up. Of course. I walked her around after that to calm her down, my mom did too.
We're getting better at the mounting block. She now knows that she should go to it to make us get off! Now just to get her used to standing there while we magically get taller to get on her.
We're working on bringing Nina's head down because right now it looks "like she's swimming" as my mom calls it. Her head is way high up in the air. Just the past two days we've been exaggerating how low we put our hands and it's bringing her head down to a more relaxed position. We still have much work to do though.
If I want to win first place with Brie, I can't just give her a break over the winter. I have to keep working on those tiny things that keep us from the elusive blue ribbon.
No comments:
Post a Comment