Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 33

Happy New Year!
I didn't get to the stables last week. I painted my room for the first time since I was 9. I figured I was due for a new color.

Now I saw the consequences of not going out last week. Brie was fiesty and I had some difficulty getting her out of her stall. I walked her for a long time and we wrote words in the sand with her feet. Just a little trick to get her mind thinking about things other than going in circles.
I also cantered her today. She's better cantering to the right than to the left, so we'll have to work on that.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I have the feeling she might be a little sore in the morning so I'll have to rub some linement on her before I ride just to be safe.
Hope you're having a good start to your new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment