Today was my first jumping lesson.
I didn't actually get to jump. Or canter. Trotting is hard! This is, to me, a completely different ball game from Paso Finos. What is a diagonal and why can't I get it right the first time? How still do you want my hands to be? I thought they were perfectly fine! Apparently not. Eee. And I thought that Paso people were perfectionists.
Even though this was a bit foreign to me, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The girls I met on the team today were super sweet, and I was a bit more talkative than I usually am when I meet people for the first time (well, with one of them at least). I love it. I'd love to learn to do this during the week while learning even more about Pasos on the weekends, that way I can be a more versatile trainer.
Now it just comes down to the money. Granted, $40 a week for lessons doesn't sound so bad, but when you only have $20 in your bank account and haven't gotten scheduled at work for two weeks, it can prove an issue. I've been scheduling, or asking, for Thursdays every week for the rest of the quarter, but then that means I'd have to find a different day to have lessons on. Maybe I'd have to do Sunday nights, straight after getting back to school from my stable.
I do know that I want to take lessons over the summer. My parents' friend's daughter teaches at a stable, I don't know where though. I'm sure I could get a discounted price for lessons through her.
One thing that I found really amusing was that these people were referring to horses about the size of Pasos, or even a bit taller, as ponies! I wonder what they'd think Nina is, because she's smaller. Maybe they'd consider her a mini.
Overall, today was a good day that greatly lifted my spirits this week. And now I'm extremely tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment