Saturday
Freezing! Ray isn't here because he's in Puerto Rico with his mom, so we can't do much with Nina without him here. It was very quiet and lonely at the stable today, only us and Paco really. Played around with Nina for a bit, rode Brie. Her cantering is getting better! Better as in synchronized, so that's good, now I just have to work on slowing her down.
Rode Ghandi today, who, I found out, is not really Ghandi, apparently his name is Jardinero, and we're calling him Harry from now on until we come up with a better nickname. He is so lovely! He has the prettiest hair ever, so long and graceful looking. If only he weren't a gelding.
Sunday
People were here today! Jane was here for the first time in pretty much EVER with Annie. They brought their horse Grace and played around with Taco. I feel so bad! I almost forgot that Taco existed! I mostly walked Brie today and let my family have their fun with her. My dad rode her for the first time in a lonnggg time. I could tell he was nervous. I think that's my little mission now, to get my dad better at riding Brie. Maybe it'll make him respect me more as an adult.
I rode Grace. I think I'm finally understanding what 'diagonals' means! I did it right the entire time I trotted, even though that was not that long of a time, as Grace didn't really want to move.
Rode Harry again. We're back to thinking of buying him. If the price is right, he would be a great addition to the family. He's so adorable and really sweet. My dad just brought up the issue of who's horse would he really be? It took me a couple of months to really bond with Brie while my mom couldn't ride because of her surgery. It took my brother and I a year to figure out that Nina was really "his horse" rather than mine. I wonder who's horse Harry would be.
Probably my dad's. He seems to be the most excited about Harry. So I'll keep you updated on this little colt (4 years old!) and am so excited that the show season starts for me in the next 2 months!
Happy trails!
No comments:
Post a Comment