I rode Nina today! My dad and brother stayed home to put in our new sink, so I got Nina all to myself =]
We let them all run around a bit in the paddocks before we rode. They seemed really happy about it, bucking and snorting. We brought them in when they started shuffling through the winter-old hay on the ground to eat. Yuck!
Mom said she had a really good ride with Harry.
Nina was super relaxed...which means she completely took advantage of me! Granted, I was trying to figure out exactly what to do with her, but she seemed content just trotting along, not really gaiting, not really collecting. Oh well, I don't really mind, she needs a fun break once in a while. It's not like I'll ever show her as long as my brother's around!
I lunged Taco for Jane today. Man was he a pistol! He kept drifting and at one point he was confronted with the flowers on his way around the circle, so he took a BIGGG JUMP over them! As if they were 6ft tall corn stalks instead of little petunias! As crazy as he was, it's good that he got out. I'm teaching him the YoYo game. A little respect and brainpower never hurt anyone.
After I put Taco away, I rode Brie for a little while. We walked outside...and only because my mom was there walking next to her! Brie was so cute, following my mom around outside. Too bad she doesn't walk that quietly outside when it's just me and her! But we came back in and ran around a bit until Ray came in the arena with a horse, then we showed our manners. We're bringing a cake there tomorrow to share for both her birthday this week and Harry's birthday last week. A carrot cake -- how fitting!
No comments:
Post a Comment