Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 132

Sunday

I had my camera today but it was super low on battery and only let me take a few pictures =[
Harry running in the paddock
We let them out to play again. We're waiting for the big paddock to dry out that way they can really run around!
Brie in mid-buck
Winner of cutest picture! Don't they look like they're kissing?
And what angers me the most about low camera battery is that I thought I got this great video of my brother freaking out and jumping off of Nina, but it just got the end and beginning shots.
We dared him to get on Nina bareback in the paddock.
After he got on, we were like "Okay! Make her walk!" so off she went, but then Harry saw her walking away and got crazy and started bucking, so Nina got excited and bolted around the paddock. My brother got freaked and jumped off and onto the fence border next to Brie's paddock. It was hilarious (and pretty dangerous) and I wish I had gotten it on camera! All I got was this.
Great picture, right?
While we were outside, we also went by the trailer. Everyone went in and out except for Harry, of course. But we played the YoYo game until he got super close to the ramp (after about a half hour) and decided to call it quits.

I also have a picture of the baby for you. He's getting so big!
He loves to come up to the bars and rub his head on your hand. So cute!!

Now here's my mystery. I wrote about this last week, but got pictures of it. These are the weird things on his back legs.

This is his left foot. Those spots are kind of raw and get kind of icky like these next pictures.

This is his right foot. That little gunky on the bigger spot comes off when you rub it, and he gets kind of bothered when you do that. We don't really know what they are. We think they might be scars from when he fell through the hay trailer. The little gunks kind of look like plantar warts, but I don't know, can horses get warts??

Onto training, I rode Harry today. Colin was there for a while, and I was so embarrassed that by the time he was leaving I still hadn't gotten Harry to stand still next to the mounting block. Even though he's tiny enough that I don't need one, it's still a good habit to have, and it took forever for him to do it! He started off in a circle very relaxed and gaiting nicely, it's just that when I tried to go on the wall he kept pulling me towards the sound board and rushing forward. It wasn't the greatest ride, so I decided that we'll stay away from the sound board for a while. Manners are more important than having a great board, at least they are for me! And I believe that once the wall-calmness comes, so will the relaxed gait, so we won't need to keep practicing over the sound board. It really bothers me when people make a big deal over the board instead of actually riding anyways.

After we rode, we hosed them all down and had some of Brie's birthday cake! I can't believe she turns 10 on Tuesday! 7 years has gone by so fast. We like to describe her as "growing up to be one of those old ladies on their porch with a shotgun."
So we sang her Happy Birthday and tried to feed her a little bit of frosting, which of course she ate. Harry and Nina both spit it out and made faces once they tasted it. It must've reminded them of wormer!
Post bath with her carrot cake!
My mom's car is acting kind of funny, but hopefully she fixes it soon that way I can drive it out sometime during these next two weeks while I'm home! It's supposed to be 60 during this week and I would love nothing more than driving out and giving them all a good scrubbing one afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I'm glad your brother was okay after his little incident, it's too bad you didn't get it on camera, but oh well :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Glad your brother wasn't hurt! :)

    ReplyDelete