I can't believe I forgot to do this yesterday.
I'll just write this from a "sunday" approach.
So today, Harry got in the trailer for me on the 2nd attempt! He was such a good boy, I'm so proud of him. We'll be on the road in no time flat =]
While it looked like a beautiful day, the ground was very soggy, so no outside romping for us =[ My mom wanted to start Harry today, so I worked with Brie. She's super furry after the winter and sheds a ton whenever I brush her. I come home covered in horsehair. Lovely.
We worked on just walking since her leg looked a little swollen and we hadn't worked yesterday because of the vet. Nice and relaxed walking was the goal, so whenever she started to rush me forward I just gently pulled back into a halt then started right back up. We took this to the outdoor arena where she did this wonderfully! I was so impressed, she usually kicks the dirt right up when she gets out there because for Brie, outside = TIME TO RUN! So after I got a nice relaxed walk outside, we went back inside and worked on a little bit of corto. Her corto is turning into a half-canter looking thing, so I just checked her side to side to get her to change her step until she was in gait. I love how much she's come along...I just hope she's like that when we take her to the show!
I rode Harry afterward. He was a little stiff in the neck from the shot yesterday, poor thing, he was probably sore around the injection site because when I hugged him he got really antsy and tried to spin me off of his neck. So for being stiff, he worked quite well! You could tell he wanted to work, so we let him work. After being a little disappointed with his board, my mom reminded me about his neck, so I was actually pretty pleased. I can only imagine what he would've been like if he wasn't sore.
Two more weeks until the Springfield Show! I'm kind of nervous -- I hope that I do well with Harry.
good luck with harry for the show, but i'll have plenty more time to say that i guess :)
ReplyDeletei know how he's feeling about the injections, my arm is still sore 4 days after i had mine :(
i don't mean to be ignorant, but what's a corto? is it just a different term for something i should know? :)
A corto is what their gait is called at a speed comparable to a trot. I have videos on the little Paso Fino Encyclopedia link at the top of the page =]
ReplyDelete