Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 144

Usually I hate waking up early, but I loved waking up early today. I actually got to be relaxed and not rushed when I rode!

I am very worried though -- Brie is a bit lame. She keeps kicking her stall, I don't know what's her problem. It's not like she's cooped up in there all day or next to a horse she doesn't like. All of them go out whenever it's sunny now and she's next to Nina. We're increasing her food now because she's starting to look a little bony. We usually like to keep her a bit underweight because of her insulin resistance, but her hips are starting to noticeably stick out now that it's getting warmer and she's going outside and spending all that energy up from the winter. Maybe that'll cure her kicking, maybe she's just hungry.

I rode her today, because I thought that she would work it out. Usually she's a little skippy when we start working, she always has been, but her skip lasted all throughout the ride, and we just mostly walked the entire ride anyways. When I got off and brushed her and hosed her off is when I noticed how much she was favoring her hind right foot -- she wouldn't even put weight on it for me to clean out her other hoof. So I put some liniment on both of her back legs after I showered her and I hope that she gets better...Mom said that if it's a ligament or muscle damage from kicking too much she might have to have the entire summer off and I'm not looking forward to that possibility. I hope she's okay, but otherwise we'll have to call the vet out tomorrow.

Apparently Mom had a really rough time with Harry today...He wasn't paying attention to her at all and it was like "some ghost was chasing him from behind" and he kept trying to bolt. We should've known...he went in the trailer like a perfect angel, so of course he would give a bad ride! I hope he's better tomorrow. He needs to get his act together tomorrow and next week because the week after that is Springfield! We need to beat some people! Any body! We just need to beat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment