Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Equestrian Team Summer Day 1

That's right, I'm back on the team. I wasn't going to post this, but I felt like I should since I posted a lot of other past things already today. This wasn't written up before, so I'll just write it past tense.

I had my first lesson at the new barn today. I'm sooooo happy the team switched to this barn, it was the one that I was pushing for before I left. It's absolutely to die for. Without giving away the name of the barn, here are a few snapshots from their site.
This isn't even the entire property.

The big indoor arena

Another shot of the big indoor

One of the outdoor arenas set up for a hunter jumper show
It just gorgeous inside. I wish they had some pictures of the stall area. But anyways, enough about how gorgeous the barn is. The new trainer, Stacy, is great, she's so much better than Nell. She actually teaches and talked me through the entire lesson. I have to give all of you who have to trot on a regular basis some real credit, because after not having to do that for close to a year, my legs were on fire afterwards!

Stacy said that I have "an exquisite upper body posture, but my legs are everywhere". Ha, yeah, I have to get used to trotting again. Also, not so big news, I have to work on looking for the diagonals once more. I hate those! Almost every time I think I'm right, I'm wrong! She told me that if I work hard enough over the summer and have a great enough improvement, she'll override my current non-jumping status so that I'll be able to jump in competitions come the fall! I will definitely work my butt off for that one! 

3 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous farm! I look forward to reading more about the equestrian team this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is awesome, the farm looks super impressive and flash!

    your lesson with stacy sounds awesome, but is this a different style of riding where you're working now? or will it just ultimately work towards what you're doing with harry, brie and nina?

    oh and when i was learning diagonals i always just checked the outside shoulder was back when i sat, it's the method i found easiest anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's suuuuper nice =] It's different than what I do with Brie, Harry and Nina though, but it's definitely good to know proper English riding for the future! And it can most likely cross over at some points into what I do with them -- after all, I suppose getting to know how to deal with any horse will only be more helpful =]

    ReplyDelete