Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 227

Today was very much the same as yesterday. I worked Brie first. She was limping a little today, so we took a long time warming up. Outside was a little more crazy than yesterday, but she did walk calmly out the door, so that's a plus. We didn't go up and down the hill today, just focused on calming down and then making it back to the barn.

After Brie, I rode Harry. He is terrible at leg yields and I really need to work on that. I say this because he has this nasty habit of riding at an angle of the wall, so that his butt is swung out a little into the arena. When I try to put leg pressure on him, he just speeds up. He was okay today, a little pushy about what he wanted to do, but overall it was okay. I rode him outside and he had a bit of a meltdown because my mom and brother kept leaving me and he would get upset, so I ended up dismounting a ways away from the barn and walking back because he was not having any walking whatsoever once they left and I didn't want him to rear on me. He hasn't been that far out by himself, even though it's not very far, but he was still upset over it.

My mom had a hard time with Brie. She tried to ride her outside and Brie was just not having it. Hopefully the more I work with her outside, the more confident she gets and as she gets better, the less of a bad expectation my mom will have about riding her, that way everyone is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment