Sunday, July 8, 2012

Days 233 & 234

Saturday
It was an excruciating 105 today and all that was set was the farrier coming out. Alas, he didn't show up on time, so we rescheduled it for tomorrow. We did give everyone a quick hose off and I played a little with Harry and the tarp. I didn't try to make him go over it, but I held it folded up and walked around with it and had him follow me, that way he would get the idea that he is supposed to follow me no matter what scary thing I might be carrying. Eventually, we did get to halt and then I inched my way over to him to press the tarp against his nose. When he finally let me do this, I put the tarp down, still folded up, stood on it, and played the YoYo game to make him come towards me no matter what scary thing was around me. At first he didn't want to come back, but after he came close to me, we called it a day. I'd say that was progress!

Sunday
Harry was absolutely miserable today. He hasn't been quite this bratty in a while. He kept trying to buck me off! I got so sick of him that I got off and made him longe like a devil. After that, he calmed down a little, but was no where near where I wanted him to be. I don't know what happened between now and a month ago when he was being such an angel. It's beyond frustrating.

I got to poke around on Nina today, which was nice. We walked around outside for a little bit. She's so nice. I wish that every horse was like Nina. Or that I got to ride Nina more.

Finally the farrier showed up and everyone stopped riding. Nina is getting better around the farrier. We didn't have as much tranquilizer that we normally do for Nina, we had about half of what she usually gets, and I'm proud to say that she was pretty calm for her standards! She didn't even try to kick him.

No comments:

Post a Comment