Monday, July 30, 2012

Days 238 & 239

Saturday

I can definitely tell a difference between Harry on the Calmex and Harry off of the Calmex. He is so much more relaxed when he's on it, but then at the same time, he's so pokey. I don't know which is easier -- to get him to wake up when he's pokey or getting him to calm down when he's anxious. He was a beast to longe today. I ended up having to use the pole, which I haven't in a while, but riding he was very relaxed. I can't believe that State Fair is two weekends away. I don't feel very confident about it.

Taco was great today. Totally performed. I'm feeling very confident about him at the Fair. Too bad I feel more confident on Jane's horse than on my own...I also found out that we can't bring Brie with...Jane gave the spot in her trailer to Samantha. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about it. Samantha otherwise wouldn't have been able to go, and we would've brought three horses. I guess I just have to wait until next year to try Brie in showing again...

Sunday

I rode Brie a lot today. She is so good. I can't believe all of the progress we've made in her attitude. She just seems so much happier. Although, she did get a little crazy outside when I asked her to canter. I figured she was being so good lately that she deserved it...maybe I shouldn't be asking her to canter anymore either. She was pretty upset after that and it took a couple times around the ring once we got back inside to calm her down.

Taco was still nice today, but a little buggier. He takes a while to settle down into a speed that's acceptable. I brought him outside yesterday and today for a change of pace and he seems really happy!

Harry was a lot better today. He seemed more awake. I'm just really nervous about the show now.

No comments:

Post a Comment