Saturday
I was super exhausted today from staying up really late the past two days working on finals. Finals week is awful.
I only rode Brie today. She was really good, I think she knew I was tired. She wanted to go really fast, so I let her because it felt nice to just let go. Nothing really productive today.
I watched my mom work with Harry. While I was in LA last week, she started working him on the ground. He is taking a break from riding. He was setting his head really nicely and looked like he had to think a lot. He didn't tap dance with his back legs the entire time she was working with him, so I think he's making progress.
Sunday
Today I got to work with Harry. My mom taught me what she was teaching him. We let him go out on the long lunge line to shake off his energy and stretch out before we switch him onto the shorter line. He is wearing bell boots on his front legs and weighted bracelets on his back legs. We're trying to make him remember to keep his legs in rhythm. So on the short line, we work on flexing his head towards us while moving away with his back legs, crossing all of his legs over as he rotates around us. After he does that, we hook him up to our makeshift Pessoa system and lunge him like that with a snaffle bit. He seems to be getting on pretty well. The true test will be when we get to ride him again, and I'm not sure when that will be.
After I worked with Harry, I got to ride Nina! I love riding her since I don't get to ride her that often. She is so cool! Of course since there are such long gaps in time when I get to ride her, she is always different in her progression. She got so fast! She goes as fast as Brie now! She seems really happy too. She is very responsive to the leg and such a smooth ride. Just the coolest little horse ever. If only Brie and Harry could get their acts together like Nina did!
No comments:
Post a Comment