Saturday
My mom worked with Harry again today while I rode Brie and, surprise!, Nina for the second time this month! Brie is definitely feeling her arthritis now that it's getting colder and colder out, so we're having the vet come out this week to give her a cortisone shot. Poor Brie. I know how she feels! My knee is aching as well in this cold. I wish I could say more about training with her, but she's really just coasting along for now. She definitely doesn't want to give up speed, so now she just has walk and largo. So I guess I will be working on getting her to slow down again to a nice corto.
Sunday
I had the job of working Harry today. He is still taking his time off from riding. I think that maybe next month we might start riding him again. He is so much sassier with me than with my mom. He doesn't fishtail as much as he used to, but there were definitely a few times when he did and then he got that stubborn look in his eye like "No! I am not going by you!". We got that sorted out. I also did some Friendly Game with him in between lunge rounds. It was a nice little breather. He is still scared of the rope swinging at him from a distance to go over his back, so we're working on little swings right now. Unfortunately I canceled my Parelli Connect membership earlier this month because I just didn't have the time for it. Hopefully I am able to go back and use it again some more to get more ideas for Harry.
I rode Brie for a little bit today, as she was limping a little after my mom rode her. We put lineament on her, so hopefully that helped. I just realized today how young she really is! It's strange, because in the Paso Fino world, at least the part I've been exposed to, you never hear of horses over 15 or so. I don't know where they go, probably just out to pasture, but no one talks about them and if you have a 15 year old horse, jeez, you are knocking at death's door! But in reality, horses are supposed to live to about 30 ideally, right? Brie is only 11. If she lives to 30, that's a whole 19 years from now! I'll be 39! It's weird to think about it like that! I hope that she is still around when I have kids, that way they can love her just as much as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment