Sunday
I rode Harry today! I started and finished with him. I could tell a huge difference in him from his free longe, he was very calm and collected and seemed very determined in his movement. It was hard to get used to riding him, since before I was encouraging him to be very relaxed and loose and to just go with what he feels, but that makes him walk and gait very pokey which is not good for show. So I have to now keep constant leg on him and be reminding him with the reins to keep gaiting by putting a little more pressure on them and check them if he starts to pace.
The first couple passes on the board were kind of pokey and then sounded even worse in comparison with the new Fino stallion who was also riding at the time. But after I readjusted myself to use more leg and rein, our last pass over the board was phenomenal. He sounded almost as good as Nina! So I was very proud of him. I can't wait to continue working on him now that I've figured out what to do with him and see how good he gets!
No comments:
Post a Comment