I haven't been out for over a week =[ Last weekend we were all very sick. Yesterday we went to see the dog show that was in town. So today was the first day that I saw my babies in a long time!
Of course, something always has to go wrong.
We get in and Harry is sleeping on the floor. No big deal. He gets up and stretches. Seems okay. But then he stays like that, with his feet spread and keeps looking at his stomach and I know something is wrong. I bring him out in the arena to walk him around and he keeps pawing the ground. Yep, he's colicking. I longe him around and then my mom takes over, making him longe and walk and move around. We give him Bute and Banamine and keep him moving.
Meanwhile, I groom up Brie and get ready to ride her. She was like a firecracker when I longed her! After she settled down and after a couple of tries standing still by the mounting block, I got on and went to ride. Because I was so preoccupied with Harry, I didn't have time to do my little program with Brie. She was fine, but her head could have been set better. She had a largo race with Nina and afterwards, I got to cool Nina. =] I've said it before and I'll say it again: if only every horse could be like Nina.
We were getting ready to go, waiting around trying to see if Harry would poop, when, just as we were packing up, he finally did! Hopefully he feels better and that's the last of his colic. I felt much better knowing that happened before I left instead of having to go home and worry about whether he'd be okay or not. Next week sure will be interesting for him after not riding for 2 weeks! Especially if the farrier knocks out one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment