Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 3

So today.
I arrive at the stables and find out our horses' stalls haven't been cleaned. The person who's supposed to take care of the horses, Ken, decided to not come to work today. Already frustrated, I go to ride Brie. Bad Idea. I end up deciding to change her bit. So I go from the snaffle bit to this new Colombian bit that Carmello said I should use.

I guess it was my frustration that made it take so long for Brie to calm down. I ended up riding for about 2 hours. I decided to ride outside. Also a bad idea. She ended up getting more worked up, so I had to walk her more. Finally she calmed down. She walked and gaited really nicely. I just need to work on slowing down her corto (slower Paso gait) and largo-ing(faster Paso gait) her without breaking into a canter(almost a gallop, full out running).

So we're all cleaning stalls. Ugh. We find out that the owner of the stables is gonna fire Ken and bring in Paco to work and live in the apartment above the riding arena after Nationals. Which I can't even go to because I have to move in that week! Bad luck =/ But I really like Paco, he was at one of the stables we were at before. He really loves the horses and knows how to take care of them the right way, always keeps the stable clean. I can't wait to finally be able to go to sleep knowing my horses ate and get out.

Now here comes Jane. She owns Taco, a horse who I rode on a whim at a show once when his trainer asked me to. Apparently Taco has been horrible for Jane and Andre just keeps messing around with Taco and tryin to re-train him. Jane was so angry with Taco she was ready to sell him (I'd gladly buy him). So I asked her about him, how is he acting. He's acting just like Brie was before Dominic told me how to calm her down! Taco's just misunderstood by Andre and feared by Jane. So I offered to work Taco for Jane on the weekend when I'm there an maybe on wednesdays if I can get out there.

So I end this post disgusted with the hired help, disappointed in Andre's lack of patience, eager to work on Brie's gait changes before the state fair, and have myself my first client! Even if it's unpaid =]

No comments:

Post a Comment