Sunday, August 16, 2009

Days 7 & 8

Day 7


Brie was good today! She didn't even break into a canter as I rounded the corners of the arena. And I walked her outside. She seemed really happy. I think she really loves being outside but doesn't like being cooped up inside. I've been misinterpreting it all along as the reverse. Yesterday she was happy as a clam walking around outside but when she saw the barn, that's when she started acting up. She stopped and turned her head to the side, refusing to look at the barn. So now I think I'll make going outside more common with her.

Well yesterday this guy from Florida was up here. He looked at all of the horses and said what he thought of them. Now this guy is a trainer for one of the stables that keeps winning everything. Well he didn't really pay attention to Brie, which is okay. But he looked at Nina. Nina's having a hard time listening to what we want her to do. She just stops walking, refuses to back up, which I attributed to being a young horse who is tired. Well this trainer said that she is tired, tired of being pushed. Andre pushed her faster and faster to grow up and be a Fino horse (the most desirable of the Paso Fino breed) only because my father and brother kept badgering him to. So I don't blame him for that. Maybe I should start working with Nina, but then again maybe not since I'll be at school now. I only hope that my mom will take over for me and let Nina just be a horse.

I didn't work with Taco because of all the commotion with the visiting trainer. Perhaps I'll work with him tomorrow. There's really nothing to do other than let him out of his stall and stretch since Jane's already at the fair.


Day 8


So this trainer says that we should be utilizing the outside arena more. We don't use it at all, there's grass growing in it! So we all rode outside today. Brie was doing really well! I walked her around the property and she was doing okay but towards the end she started getting a little freaked out. I let my mom and dad rid Brie as well, she was pretty calm for them =]

Nina was a whole world different today. She was very good, didn't die out. We changed her nosepeice to a harder leather. So we'll see how that goes.

Taco? Well Andre changed his bit -.- I personaly didn't like it, Taco was pulling too much. But we'll see how Jane likes it.

The state fair's next week! I'm so excited, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment