My day today?
Phenomenal! We get to the stable, the stalls are cleaned, but only because the owner and his kids cleaned them. Ken is definitely on his way out. I tack up Brie and Nina and today was my first day with Taco. I work Brie while my mom works Nina. After a few bucks and kicks, Brie is under control. Her gait is amazing. I managed to slow her corto down. It's more of a power-walk now. And her largo is now the speed her corto was. I'm really looking forward to the state fair because if she keeps up this way I could win some money!
On to Taco. I don't know what on earth Jane is talking about because that horse is wonderful! A little fast paced walk, yes, but that's his nature! We even went outside with Nina, Brie, and Taco and the only one freaking out was Brie (but we all expected that). I just walked Taco and he was fine. Corto'd Taco and he was fine! There may be some tweaking as far as calming him down for an old lady to ride, but I think it's mostly her I need to work with, not the horse.
Today was the first good day in a very long time =]
No comments:
Post a Comment