Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 49

We were supposed to go out on Saturday, but a wind storm knocked over my tree and we had to get rid of it, as it was laying on the power lines. Not good.

We went out Sunday. I'm just gonna write it in present tense at times, it's easier to remember things.
First thing we see as we drive up to the stable are people outside! Yay! I was mega excited to be able to use the outdoor arena for the first time since winter, it was beautiful out. Ray approaches us and says for us to not ride Harry and Nina because since he's not training next month he wanted to show us what he's been doing with them. So we just brush them off, Brie was SOOO DUSTY by the way, and get Nina first. He has this really rough looking jaquima on her, at least the underpart (I forgot whether it's bosal or barbada, but the part that goes under the chin). He told us that she might get scratched up today but that he doesn't use it all the time. He also was using a different bit on her. He worked Nina really well outside and she had her head set really nicely.
Then I noticed that she was bleeding under the chin from the bosal/barbada. My brother rode her, she was okay, then I rode her. Obviously I didn't want to move my hands or do anything really because all I could think about was that she was bleeding so she wasn't that great.
Ray got Harry next and worked with him. Harry was a little wild, he reminds me a lot of Brie. I rode him really well though, maybe because of Brie, and Ray even gave me compliments on him.
Ray also did this really backwards apology type thing which resulted in my parents considering keeping him as a trainer up until May. We're going to start Harry on the same calming supplement that Brie is on and see if it makes a difference.
Brie was FANTASTIC! Well I mean, she still didn't want me to take her out of the stall, but we rode outside in the arena and she had fun, I think. She didn't want to walk, but I managed to get her to a slow corto. We cantered! It was probably the best cantering experience with her so far because I know what I'm doing now!

Show Update!
Memphis: Week of April 19th
I don't think we're going to bring Nina or Harry to this one. If anything, I'll convince my parents to trailer Brie down there and I'll show her. Otherwise we'll just go and be spectators, which might be kind of fun. I don't know yet.

Spectrum- Miami: Memorial Day Weekend
I'm super looking forward to this one! It's bigger than Nationals, almost as big as the bi-yearly Mundial. Horses are coming in from Puerto Rico and Colombia to compete. Naturally, we'd go as spectators, but it would be one hell of a weekend! I can't wait for this, especially because when we get bored of the show, we can go lay out on South Beach. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment