Accomplishments!!
It was mega hot out today. Not pleasant. We had to clean our stalls again, but didn't have to strip them, thankfully. The horses didn't even want to stay outside, so we brought them in and braided all of their hair! I wish I would've taken pictures. They looked really cute.
After the hair braiding festivities, my brother and I set out to tack up Nina. He had been working with her playing the Friendly Game for a while before I showed up, so she was fairly calm. Fairly calm as in it took us at least 30 minutes to get the jaquima on her head. I insisted on not having her on the cross ties while doings this because for one she'd feel trapped and two I would be getting choked/hit in the face with the cross ties every time she jerked her head back. After our huge accomplishment we still needed to get the bit in. At that point my parents were getting antsy (grrrrr) so my mom stepped in, hooked her to the cross ties, and put the bit on her (after another 15 minutes of my brother and I trying).
We rode. Harry was okay, I only got to ride him. =[ He's just a little engine! I worked to make him walk without me having to pull on his bit and when he did that once around each way I ended the session.
All in all, it was a good day =]
Hey! I was sad to read that you were discontinuing your other blog, but I'm really happy to know that you have another one too. After reading this blog and knowing you're a trainer, it seems like you have a whole other life that is so cool!
ReplyDeleteI've ridden horses since I was 10, we have a stable in my village. However, I'm not allowed to take care of them as that's a 'mans job' apparently.
It's nice to see you have the opportunity to do what you like!