Sunday, May 2, 2010

Equestrian Team Day 10 and Day 57

Thursday, 4/29

I had probably the best ride today that I've had so far with the team. I had a "more advanced horse" (puhlease) named Cameo. I don't understand why people think mares are so difficult. Actually, scratch that, they are, but I get along quite well with them. Girl power! Ha. So she was pretty short, about the same height as Brie. Apparently she likes to go super fast and refuses jumps. Well I was not about to let her have me fly over her head when she refused a jump, so I made sure to keep my leg on her when we approached jumps. She didn't pull at all. It was great! I got compliments from the trainer and felt overall proud of myself.

Sunday, 5/2

I didn't get to go out yesterday because I had to go to my cousin's communion. I went out today though. I asked Paco to teach me how to lunge Harry so he wouldn't get really excited before I rode him. Paco lunged him for about 20 minutes.
He rode the best that he's ridden since February. It was fantastic. Paco even rode him and I'm really happy that he did because he hasn't been able to since Ray got back in February. I got the chance to watch Nina today. She looked amazing! Her headset is so collected. I only wonder if she'll go back to being Fino. I feel kind of disappointed. I know that you can't make a horse be Fino. But she was at one point. So should I try to push her or not?
I rode Brie today too. She was SO AMAZING, no lie. I'm so excited to show her. I felt a little bad that my mom didn't get to ride. I also felt kind of bad that I tried to canter her. She went berzerk the first time I went around. I don't think I'll do that anymore. I think she was really happy how she was before she cantered and I felt kind of bad after she got all wound up after she cantered. I hope she forgets about that and continues being really good next week.
I also rode Taco today. He was verrrrry uppity because no one's ridden him since I rode him two weeks ago. Oye vey. Energetic horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment