Absolutely GORGEOUS outside! We got to ride outside.
I may not have explained how lost we were last week. We were an hour late. We didn't have the GPS that we came to take advantage of, so I printed out directions from Google Maps. Well. Google Maps is WRONG. It led us into a sub division. We tried first going on sight and after we got lost we turned to the Google Map. Led us to the subdivision. Desperately we accessed Google from someone's phone and managed to find our way back to to the stable an hour late.
Tonight, also without the GPS, I printed out Map Quest directions. The lead to a mysterious, nonexistent Buckley Road exit off the highway. Why are all these directions wrong?! So I flipped over the paper, found a pen, and we decided we were doing it on sight. We already knew how to get lost, we only needed to find out how to make it there.
We were only 20 minutes late!
And on the way home, we only made one wrong turn and missed one turn but easily corrected it! While these directions seem to work, hopefully we'll have a GPS next week when I can match up these directions we travelled tonight with the GPS directions and see how it goes. Then we'll send them out to the rest of the team because we don't want anyone getting lost in Northern Illinois, or worse, Wisconsin (and trust me, it's happened).
I rode Two Socks today. I rode him once before when I was still learning how to generally get my diagonals. But today we jumped a lot! I loved Two Socks's canter, it was fabulously smooth. Once I get my diagonals down pat I should clean up at shows! I jumped two jumps in a row today. Granted, they're only the little X's still, but I'll get there, especially if I take lessons over the summer. I'm excited for next week, our last lesson for the year, because I'm supposed to ride Cameo. I love her to death! Something about those mares. =]
I like your positive attitude! Glad you eventually found your way - I absolutely hating getting lost like that :(.
ReplyDelete