A new trainer, Colin, was up at the stables today. I think he came from Florida, but he works at the Paso stable down the street about 20 min away. I'm real disappointed that I didn't get the chance to talk to him because I've only seen him work from a distance about 3 years ago before I was seriously into training. Too bad we're not going to Ohio.
Anyways. I'm working with lunging a lot with Harry. My goal is to get him to lunge in the arena without having to use the round pen since there won't be one in a show warmup arena. I did basically the same thing as yesterday except he was better in the arena and we didn't have to go back out. He was tightening his gait fantastically today and his board sounded phenomenal. Too bad Colin wasn't in the arena at the time, I wonder if he would've said anything. Harry's largo is great! He'll definitely be ready for performance classes next year.
Do I even need to mention Nina?
Brie was really excited outside today. She broke into a canter a few times, but I got her back. We went in the puddle again today. She didn't want to leave it! It was the funniest thing and she kept splashing the water. Needless to say, she needed a bath.
While today I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to pick another trainer's brain, I'm very pleased with how Harry is coming along and how Brie is starting to conquer some fears.
No comments:
Post a Comment