Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 89

We didn't have very much time to ride today. We went to a sale today! We had a 50% off coupon for everything we bought at the Saddle Shop. Harry needed a new saddle pad so I bought him a southwestern looking wool blanket that looks quite dashing on him, if I do say so myself. We bought Nina an Australian stock saddle because her show saddle is getting beat up from everyday use. I didn't get to try it out because we had to cut the underflaps so they wouldn't rub up against Nina's skin, which took up a good chunk of time.

Harry wasn't too hot today. I'm now working on just lunging inside the riding arena like every other horse can do. We had a few pullouts, but he calmed down. We went straight outside in that arena to work and boy was he excited! He rarely gaited, just like in the show. He didn't want to walk either. So everytime he broke into that excited crow hop, I stopped him or made a circle. He raced down the soundboard, so we worked on calmly walking across it and when he did we ended on that note.

It was kind of painful to ride today because yesterday at my lesson I got and then popped a blister all in a half hour on the outside of my ring finger. I had a bandaid and gloves on today, but it still hurt. Now I either have to retrain myself a different way to hold the reins or wear gloves while riding hunt seat. Lovely. If I hadn't listened to Nell's nagging about putting the reins between my pinky and my ring finger and just held them all in my palm like I used to, I wouldn't have had this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment