As expected, Harry was much better today. He was calm and collected and I got compliments from Ray. He worked perfectly well with the tack change. We had to punch extra holes in the bridle because his face is so tiny. Brie's saddle looked really nice on him. He was very relaxed and did wonderfully on the soundboard after the first pass. He tends to break gait in the middle, Paco suggested lightly tugging him to one side that way it keeps his attention. I hope we place high in the State Fair!
Nina was fantastic in the board today. Her head is finally coming down more where it's supposed to be.
Brie and I had an adventure today. I was too tired to fully tack her up so I just got the bit hanger and a rein and we went! Walking of course. Completely bareback, my thighs are killing me! I have to give major props to anyone who can jump horses bareback or even ride at a full gallop bareback like in the movies. They must have thighs of steel!! I'm kind of sad that we have to leave Brie home but I think maybe she'll like the vacation away from Nina (and especially Harry). One more practice before the show!!
No comments:
Post a Comment