First things first: no foal yet =\ we all lost our bets now. The only bet remaining is Ray's for February.
Now then...
Today we defeated the evil crate demon!!!
Yes, it is a triumphant tale of how Brie, Nina, and Harry defeated said demon. There was a crate propped against one of the arena walls today, and though it seemed innocent it surely was not! Only they could see a problem with harmless looking crate standing there. They all snorted and tap danced around it and pawed at the ground until finally touching it with their noses, exorcising the beast! It was quite a production.
Harry also had the guts today to go after Brie--he kicked her! While they were all in the arena running around, he kicked her in the stomach and you saw the look of shock on her face turn into vengeance as she went after him, cornered him and started kicking and biting. My brother was on their end of the arena so he chased them away toward me. Brie was following him as he ran towards me and with one stern "Brillannnnteeee!" from me she ran the other way and Harry ran right into my arms. He can dish it out but cant take it! I'm just happy no one got hurt. At least Harry knows he can run to me if he's scared.
Everyone was kind of silly today because they havent worked for two weeks. I lunged Harry and he was fishtailing a bit but got over it. He rode nicely and stomped around in a puddle at one end of the arena. A tiny bit fast today gaiting for my liking but he needed to stretch his legs.
Nina was being super lazy for my mom and Brie just chilled walking around with my brother. I only rode Brie at the end without stirrups for some fun. To relax. It amazes me everytime I say I ride her to relax because I remember when she was definitely NOT the horse for a relaxing ride. But we walked around the arena and I told her about how I had to go to school. I don't think she really cared, but still.
Back to the old grind again this week. As much as I'm not looking forward to waking up early for work again, I need the money! Holidays have left me broke!
No comments:
Post a Comment