Started Harry again today. He got really annoyed that I started him off lunging the direction that he hates, but he just has to deal with it! I need to remember that, as much as I'd like to deny it, he IS an 800lb animal and that a stand-off with him will not help matters.
Paco gave me some advice: go back to basics. So it's back to lunging on the noseband for him instead of on the pisador. I have to remember not to take it as an insult, but rather take it as a challenge that I have to go back and review things with Harry. I also have to take into account that it's winter and he's not being let out because of ice and that we aren't there all week to ride him. So we're going to work on more groundwork more often with him, especially to help him pick up his feet more in the back and get everything all in sync so he doesn't look like a clumsy 2 year old! He needs to look like the polished 5 year old that he should be =]
Brie? Oh goofed around. A tiny bit of canter. All without stirrups!
Looking forward to tomorrow more. I hate that Saturdays are so short!
I'm going back to basics with my 5 year old too - where did my working trot go? :) It's always a good thing to do I think.
ReplyDelete