Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 127

Worked a lot with Brie today. She's like a pro over that white pole now. But I forgot my camera! =[ So I can't show you her trick. I worked on transitions for a while today between walking and cantering. We're getting better at it....there were a couple of tries where she didn't want to just bolt where she seemed like she was paying attention. I was wary of it today though because there was a puddle in one of the corners of the arena, so I had to keep avoiding it.

Afterward.... I RODE HARRY! Who is behaving marvelously, if I do say so myself. All that we need to work on is going straight down the soundboard and WALKING. Lots of walking. He's so full of energy and so eager to work that he has a hard time listening to when I ask him to slow down. So we shall start working on that from now on.

At the end of the day, my brother and I took Nina and Harry over the scary white pole while they were cooling. We walked them on foot, or tried to walk them, over the pole. It took a while for them to not be so scared of it and go around it. Nina actually pushed it quite a ways with her nose! Harry took a big leap over it like it was a huge jump, it was pretty adorable. They'll get used to it. They have to learn how to trust us when facing new and scary things (because there will be SO many white poles out on trail), otherwise we put both of us in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment