Yay for warmer weather!
Starting off with working on getting Harry into the trailer, he started up kind of iffy and angsty, but then he went in like a dream! I'm so proud of him and his progress.
After we let them out to play for a bit, I had to lovely task of cleaning Brie post-roll. Disgusting, I tell you! After she was as clean as she was gonna get without a rinse, I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go outside to work with her. We lunged on the grass and did our warm up in the grass close to the barn, then went out in the pastures for a little adventure. Of course she had to step in every. single. puddle along the way just to make me clean all the tack afterward! She wasn't very crazy, I only had to really correct her a couple times, but her attention definitely was on everything and anything else besides me.
We power-walked around the property and in the back, then we walked around in one of the smaller pastures. I worked on getting her to get close enough to the gate and stand still for me to open and close it without dismounting and she did very well! Better on the closing it while we were leaving than entering, but I was still pretty happy with her. She was so sweaty afterward and her feet were caked in mud, so I had to give her a nice rinse, which she seemed to really enjoy. =]
My mom rode Harry and said that today's ride was the ride that made up for all the ickiness he's been going through the past couple weeks. So jealous that I missed it =[ Hopefully tomorrow he's just as good!
No comments:
Post a Comment