I didn't go out yesterday because we went to the Midwest Horse Fair in Madison! Talk about a change of weather -- while it was 80 last week, it was snowing yesterday! It was really fun, I'd never been there before and there were DOZENS of vendors! But the time we got through with most of them, all the horses were done with and you had to pay extra to stay and watch the night shows. So we left. But not without getting free tickets to the Dancing Horse Stable! Looking forward to that!
As usual, started Harry off getting him into the trailer. He was a punk today and did a pretty large, unacceptable rear while my mom was trying to get him into the trailer. I tried with him first and he was just not having it, so after his stunt with my mom, she put on her "If you don't get in this trailer right now, we're selling you" face and he went in like a lamb. I figure that by our first show next month he'll have no problem...hopefully.
I got to ride all three of them today! I started off with Brie. She was kind of skipping with her back legs which had me worried so I didn't do much except walk her and get a little bit of corto, definitely no canter, especially since we weren't out yesterday. She was limping more when I switched with my brother to ride Nina, so we ended up putting her away with some lineament. Now we know why she was limping though -- she was kicking her stall all night! Naughty girl.
Nina just trotted along and I got yelled at by my brother for posting instead of sitting the trot. "Don't post! She might get the idea that she's not supposed to gait!" So I enjoyed quite the bumpy ride.
Then I got to work with Harry. I was a bit disappointed with him today, as my mom had been having awesome rides with him the past two weeks (and I didn't take the opportunity...grrr), and he was just so-so today. Also, probably because we weren't out yesterday. But overall he's a huge improvement. He doesn't really tap dance anymore or any of the bad things he used to do. He's calming down quite nicely and only got antsy when Ray passed him on the horse he was working. I hope that within a month we can get his gait to tighten and for him to calm down even more, then we'll definitely do well at shows with him!
It sounds like you had a productive weekend! Ugh, we have snow in Michigan too...it's blizzarding right now :( BOOOOO!
ReplyDelete