Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 164

Harry pulled some fishtailing on me today while lunging. I hope it doesn't turn into his bad habit again, I was happy to finally be over that with him.

Also, I learned that lunging is spelled longeing. Show how good of a speller I am!

But aside from the fishtailing, he was pretty good. I'd like to work more with him outside once Nationals are over because even though it's kind of cute that he's so attached to Nina, it's really not good when he starts freaking out and trying to yank me in her direction, even when we're in the indoor arena.

We had a good ride, his gait was as good as last weekend. A little more work on the largo tomorrow and we'll be set for the State Fair next weekend! All I can complain about was that at the end when we came in from walking around outside, he started to get antsy when I wanted him to reverse to the left and started pulling me around to the right because Nina had already gone into the wash rack outside the arena and he wanted to follow her. I managed to just get him calm enough to go into a left flex and decided to end it at that. Always end on a good note, even if it's not what you expected. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment