Soooo beautiful out today.
I took a bunch of pictures on my new DSLR, but I'll post all of those tomorrow as I'm sure there will be more!
So taking into account Paul's advice of more largo and double reins, that's exactly what I did today.
Boy do we have some work ahead of us. Harry is awful at largo-ing. He doesn't gait, all he does is pace and skip and is unsure of his step. Honestly, I don't understand how it's any different, it's the same walking pattern just faster. Who knows what goes through their minds.
I warmed him up longeing (which was fabulous by the way) and got on for some flexing. He was super while with the double reins on. Then we walked a little bit to warm up and started straight for a largo. Well he skipped pretty much across the entire arena, so we went out into the round pen. I thought he was gaiting and calming down in there when my mom told me that he was still pacing. So we went back into the arena to practice smaller circles and go over the board to hear if he was gaiting or not, and he wasn't. By this time he'd already been (attempting) flying around in a largo and failing, hot and gross, so we did a corto around the arena once, over the board, and went outside for a nice relaxing walk around then a cool bath.
This might take a while. I can't believe he doesn't know how to do this! It's just like power-walking but he isn't getting it! So tomorrow I think my mom's gonna ride him with the fruit basket on and see how he goes with that.
Brie was limping today, probably because she's been cooped up and unridden for a week, so my mom just tried to get her to slow down, because even though she was limping she was all GO GO GO! I put lineament on her arthritic leg after she rode. Hopefully she feels better tomorrow.
And Nina was perfect, as usual.
I have some exciting news! But I'll wait for a week or so to see if it plays out, and then I'll tell you =]
No comments:
Post a Comment