I'll start off with my ride today.
Keeping in mind every critique I got last week, I had such a good lesson today! I remembered to make sure I wasn't sickling my ankles either because I did that last week and it hurt to walk up until yesterday because of muscle aches. I trotted a whole lot, which is great because that's what I've been having difficulty with and Stacy said that she thinks she found the perfect match for me to stick with for a while. His name is Tommy and he's an adorable little pony-Appaloosa-palomino looking thing. He's super sweet too and just my size! I have to admit it's more than an adjustment going from the little Pasos to those huge Thoroughbreds! So we had a good ride, worked a lot on trotting and keeping my legs looking as nice as my upper, keeping my heels DOWN dammit and trotted over some poles. Stacy says she won't put me over jumps until my legs quiet down but that if I keep improving like I have from last week to this week that I'll be over jumps in no time, so I can't wait for that =]
Yesterday the farrier came out and was already halfway done with Harry by the time we got there without any tranquilizer. We ended up drugging all of them, and gave Nina enough for a Clydesdale! She was good this time and didn't fight, but my brother and I had to stand next to her and pet her and make sure she didn't see the farrier because otherwise she might've woken up from being tranq'd. We managed to get all their ears clipped, but Nina was awake enough to fight us with that one and break the clip (again) on her leather halter. That's going back to the shoemaker this weekend!
I can't wait to head out tomorrow, it's our last practice before the State Fair and I hope they work well with their new pedicures!
No comments:
Post a Comment