Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 193

I get Harry today and we do a little Parelli. And by a little, do I mean a little. We were playing the friendly game and he keeps running away from the rope when I go to swing it over his butt and wants to start longeing. I can't tell if he thinks that's what he's supposed to do or if he's scared of it, but we'll keep working on it. We played that for quite a while until he stopped flinching and started just to stand still while I rubbed him with his leadline. He's still really good at the YoYo game, so I'm happy with that. We ended on that good note before I actually started longeing him. He did so well today! I had a loose line and he was walking when I told him to walk and trotted a bit when I asked him to speed up instead of cortoing, which I guess means he was super relaxed. I did all this before I tacked him up, and when I longed him while tacked up, he was just as good!

But then I got on to ride him...all he did was tap dance! And what's worse is now I can't even tell if it's something I was doing or from Paco riding him the other day. Ugh! That just really gets me. I tried my best to work it out, but he was still tapping a little at the end. We ended with a very nice pass on the board though, so I was happy with at least that. I traded him off to my mom who said he was a little more cooperative and I just plopped around on Nina. Oh Nina. I love to ride her because she actually walks! I know that I complain a lot to my family about not being able to ride her because my brother hogs her all the time, but I really don't want to gait her. I enjoy just being on a horse who walks at a normal pace every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment