And now it's time for my exciting news. Drumroll, please!
Our barn has a new trainer!!!
I've seen Nick at shows but haven't really talked to him, but I'm glad that he's now going to be at our barn. He hasn't officially moved in yet. He will next weekend. I just find it so funny that he's going to be moving in on my 200th day of training! It's amazing how things have changed in 200 training days, 100 weekends, a little over two years!
My foot was really bothering me today, so I went to ride Brie first because my mom wanted to ride Harry again. Nick was watching us ride and then he got on Nina. I was just warming up Brie when my mom called me over to switch so I could show Nick and because Harry was kind of acting up. I started working with Harry and calming him down, but Nick had to leave. It didn't matter to me, he can ride whenever. Harry calmed down very nicely and we got a consistent couple of boards. I'm really pleased with how he's coming along, at least with me. His ground manners still need some work though.
After I was done with Harry, I got back on Brie and we worked on walking and corto some more. Then we went for canter circles and I know now that yesterday wasn't just a fluke! She was just as awesome today as yesterday.
It's funny. It takes moments like this weekend after bad weekends like last week to really appreciate how far I've gotten in this whole journey. I just can't wait to plan next weekend's 200th day of training post!
No comments:
Post a Comment