Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 194 & 195

Saturday

Now I can finally tell you my exciting news! Ray is leaving!!! Yep, he is no longer training for our barn and we're getting a new trainer hopefully soon. I can't wait to see who is coming up. This might not seem very exciting, but trust me when I tell you I'm overjoyed.

Since it was super cold today, no one wanted to ride for very long, so I just got Harry to walk calmly around with Brie by his side and got off after about a half hour. We finally got two more coolers, so everyone was nice and toasty after their rides, and by everyone I mean the horses, because after I stopped moving around, I started to turn into a popsicle! Jane came by as we were getting ready to leave, so we stuck around while she started to ride Taco. She put his bit under his tongue unknowingly and he started backing up and starting to hop when she got scared and jumped off. I fixed the bit for her and my mom offered to teach her how to longe, but she got dizzy, so my mom longed Taco for her. He had a ton of energy, but calmed down after his little burst and then I rode him around twice to show her that he was better now and she didn't have to be scared, so she got back on and was happy with her ride. I love helping other people ride. =]

Sunday

It was so great seeing Ray pack up.

I rode Brie today thinking it'd be a break. As usual, I was wrong! She wasn't bad, just wanted to go really fast. She was really tight on her turns and it made me think if she could be a good barrel racer...my mom thinks that she's getting sore in her hock again, so when the vet comes out to float teeth in May we're going to have another steroid injection in her leg. We rode for a little longer than yesterday, but not by much. In the end, Nina and Brie had a largo race. I'm surprised how little Nina is getting faster! She was beating Brie up until the end when she ran out of steam. Until yesterday, I hadn't known another horse who could keep up with Brie's largo!

I'm so excited for this weekend. Now that Ray is gone, we can turn out the horses in the arena and not have to worry about turning them out in the snow and possibly ice. We're also going to have a huge feast! I'm in charge of baking the desserts!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I'm totally stalking you on this blog now because I missed you! I don't know ANYTHING about horses or horse training but I'm hoping to pick something up from your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete