Sunday, April 15, 2012

Days 214 & 215

Saturday

I would just like to point out that after I was made fun of for trying to get Harry to walk over the tarp a couple of weeks back, that Paco and Nick tried during the week and in the process destroyed our tarp and had to buy us a new one. Make fun of me again.

My mom wanted to work with Harry first, so I took Brie. Once again we spent quite a bit of time trying to make her stand still next to the mounting block. Eventually I was pushed away from it by Nick's daughter who took hold of it as a chair while I was in the middle of corrective longeing Brie, so I just went to mount Brie from the middle of the arena. She stayed perfectly still. What a strange horse.

After finally get on, she was acting really nice. She was behaving and we worked on flexing and circle work before going into cortoing and largoing. My mom wanted to go for a walk outside, so we went for it. While we were walking along the front pasture's fence though, Harry started acting up really badly and started bucking and rearing and my mom almost fell off...so at that point, I jumped off and we switched horses. But then Brie, who was acting nicely up to this point, started acting up for my mom too! Not so much as Harry was, but she was doing her usual walking sideways and general brattiness. I managed to calm Harry down and we made it back to the barn safely. I wish we would've known what set Harry off.

Sunday

I worked again with Brie first today while my mom worked with Harry. She was acting just as good as yesterday, and I've discovered that she'll stand still by the mounting block, just not on the higher end of the steps. Neither will Harry. I think they have some issue with us not wanting to tower over them, but that's just a theory. At least they stood still for us to use some part of the block to mount.

I worked Brie much the same as yesterday and then my mom handed Harry over to me. He's working wonderfully! I don't know whether it's just him, the supplement, or the bit that is making this great change in his work ethic, but he's really performing wonderfully! I hope that he keeps this up for show.

So we decide to go outside again today. My mom kept on Brie and I kept on Harry after yesterday. Brie was absolutely horrible outside today. She hopped up the little hill in the front pasture and wouldn't approach the barn straight coming back in and slammed my mom into the side of the building. I do not know what her problem is, but she needs to get over it. She was getting so good at going outside last year without acting crazy. I was thinking that maybe I should just start working her only outside and then when she's being good, we can finish in the indoor, rather than starting in the indoor and when she's good, going outside, because she goes crazy outside.

Oh Brie. What to do with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment