Not gonna lie, I only went tonight because I thought I was going to be able to see my friend who lives close to the barn.
Also, I didn't want to jump, but had a valid excuse not to. I was lifting weights this morning and somewhere in there, I must've strained my neck, because about 30 minutes after I was done, my neck started hurting really badly. So I didn't jump because of that.
I rode Sunny again. Worked a lot more on keeping my leg on her and being effective with leg contact. I feel like I improved since last week, which made me happy. I really felt proud that I stayed in a half seat for an entire trot lap around the arena and was able to pick up a canter within two strides like you're supposed to rather than fighting for about eight strides. At the end of the lesson, Stacy made me do some posting without stirrups...which hurts extremely bad! But I didn't fall off, which was my main concern while posting, so I'm proud of myself for that too.
I really don't know if I want to continue...I don't really care either way right now, even though I was happy with the little progress I made tonight. I know in a couple of weeks I have projects to work on for school and while I normally would be devastatingly stressed over losing Wednesday to work on them because of riding, I'm actually considering just not going riding to stay home and do my projects.
I don't know. I just feel like I'm in a weird place right now.
I don't know how long you've been working at this...but from your blog I get the sense that it's been a while. If I were you, the question I'd ask myself would be, "How much will I regret it later if I quit?"
ReplyDelete