Saturday
Ten more days until I finish writing on this blog. I can hardly believe it. It is going to be so weird to not write what's going on anymore.
It was such a beautiful day today so I rode Brie outside. She was an absolute doll, I am so proud of her. I think she is really coming along in her old(er) age. Now if only she can keep it up in the show ring.
The music was super loud today (ugh), so we put the pom poms in Harry's ears to try to help block it out so that he could focus. My mom was riding him first and then came outside by me, saying that he doesn't want to flex to the right. I wanted to work on that before I got on and got him to flex on the ground after some struggle. When I got on, I wanted to flex before we started moving and he was good on the left, but boy when he got to the right, he went berserk. He just about threw me off, he was trying to rear to avoid the flex. I got off and made him longe to the right and at first he was like a bat out of hell. After he calmed down, I had him stop and worked on flexing to the right again on the ground and he was much better at it this time. Once he was going easy, I got back on and tried again and he was hesitant but better at it. After he was giving his head to me easily, I walked around with him a couple of laps, took a pass on the board, flexed some more, and got off. I can't tell if he's just being stubborn or if there is some pain there. Everyone is now saying that he is not broke at the pole, so we have to work on that too now, along with the pacing, although I think that once he is broke at the pole, he will be more balanced and the pacing issue should work itself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment