Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 16

It's official. Brie loves jumping.
She does tend to veer off to one side when she lands, but we'll work on that.
Still bribing her to get out of the stall. I bribed her with an apple today! So not good, I wish I had time to watch the Parelli DVDs we paid for and never got around to watching. Maybe I'll bring them with me to my dorm next week, to see how this week goes so far.

Nina likes to jump too! She went by the jump after I stopped, and, with my brother on her, she jumped right over it. Without warning, so that may have been a little bad, but Anthony stayed on so it's all good.

We also put poles on the ground for Brie and Nina to walk over to teach them how to be aware of how high and where they're stepping. I think Nina needed it, because she kept knocking into them for a good few tries, then got the hang of it.

That's what people in our stables need to do. Just have fun with their horses, and enjoy themselves. Not constantly be trying to fix this and that about their horse's gait and make them absolute perfection. Maybe that's why we didn't win anything at Nationals, we probably wore them out for the months beforehand.

Well Andre is stuck in Georgia. The truck broke down and the horses are being kept in a stable down there. I feel so bad for them! Paco is supposed to be coming up with Andre too, so now he's stranded as well.

What I'm looking forward to most is Dominic coming again in October for a weekend. Can't wait to see what he has to say about Brie's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment