Sunday, September 20, 2009

Days 13 & 14

Day 13

Yay! I got to go home and see Brie and Nina!
I figured why stay at school if nothing's going on? So I went home.

Well. For the past couple weeks it's been really hard to get Brie out of the stall. I go by the door with the halter and she runs into the corner. Now I know that you're not supposed to barge on in there and get the horse, but I already stood/sat there for over an hour once and I'm not about to do that again. She didn't even come out when I did that! So I need to find a way that doesn't involve bribing her with food, to get her to come by the door and put the halter on.

Other than that, today was the best day I've had with her so far! She's learning how to canter on command. She's still a little mixed up between gaiting and cantering, but she'll get it. She goes so fast! It's indescribable! The only thing I can think of to explain it is it's like I'm flying, it's incredible.

And that's not even galloping!

After that adrenaline rush, I switched with my mom and rode outside with Nina. Very relaxing. Brie got too far ahead and Nina broke into her tiny canter to catch up. It was adorable! My mom and I had a race. Nina had no chance! Her canter is so short while Brie's is so extended. It was very amusing though =]

This was such a good day. I didn't realize how being around them makes me so calm. It was the perfect remedy to an overly stressful week.

Now to do it again tomorrow!


Day 14

So I was too exhausted to remember to post yesterday so I combined it with today.
First off I want to talk about Nina. She too has been having trouble with putting the halter on. While I was watching Cesar Milan on Friday night, he did this trick where you massage the animal to make it calm and then pet it once it's calmed down. Easiest thing ever and I never thought of it! So I walked in Nina's stall and did this to her and she was better putting the halter on. Today she only tossed her head once before she lowered it to put the halter on. Progress!

Also Brie is getting better at cantering. It's more me getting scared of falling off. But we walked outside and Brie was pretty calm. I was so proud of her! She too is making progress. And with all this progress made it makes me even more satisfied that I went home this weekend.

Now next weekend I'm going to the Nationals as a spectator. Now THAT should be an interesting weekend. I'm sure I'll have much to say about it. Until then, keep riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment