Didn't get the chance to write this weekend due to personal issues. But here we go.
Day 11
Brie was really good today =] I got to ride her outside, and she didn't really like the outdoor arena, mainly because of the disassembled round pen in there. But I got her to calm down over it and we walked around out back. I'm teaching her to canter the right way outside and I think that she's getting the hang of it. I rode Nina outside. She is such the perfect trail horse, I love her to death. Brie is my stunning beauty of a horse while Nina is the lovable cuddly horse that you just want to hug to death. Don't get me wrong, Nina's beautiful too. It's just something about a black horse that's so breathtaking. And Brie's cuddly too, on occasion. But you get my point.
Oh and Taco? That horse that I was training before? I forgot to mention, Jane took him out of there for this month to just laze around in the pasture at her relative's farm.
Day 12
Brie was a bit more crazy today. Once again we rode outside in the arena and she was a bit more nervous. After a long while I got her to calm down, then we rode out back again. Continued teaching her to canter, but on my way into the stable my mom was coming out with Nina so we walked around the back together. I showed her how I'm teaching Brie to canter and I admit, I'm kind of scared because she goes so fast! I think that once I'm more confident about what my knee can hold up to I'll be more relaxed with teaching Brie to canter. We had more troubles outside. Brie kept freezing like in the show arena. I bought a crop but I forgot it inside. So I just tried to deal with her and I think I did so effectively.
Now I won't be writing for a while. I'm going to school and I don't know how often I can go see my two babies. I'm going to miss them so much, it makes me so sad.
But I might have a post in a week. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to Nationals next weekend, but I really hope I can. I'm sure I'll have something to say about the show. As a matter of fact, I do right now! How is it fair that once you earn 20 points you can waltz on into Nationals? You can earn 20 points with two blue ribbons, probably in one weekend show! I believe that this standard should be raised. And another thing I'm miffed about. I emailed the director of the editorials of the PFHA magazine and she never got back to me. I guess I'll keep spamming her inbox then.
Until the next post, wish me luck at school!
Thanks for commenting on my blog=]
ReplyDeleteI do love my Quarters! Glad to hear someone else is dealing with a wild one and having sucess;D
PS good luck at school!